Wednesday, October 23, 2013

No paleo today, new W30 starts tomorrow

This is my Facebook explanation of today. I'm pumped and stoked, and ready to go. My doctor was the first one to turn me onto W30 to begin with. He says go back, so I am going back. I have 40 pounds to lose and I couldn't be more optimistic than I am right now. The eclairs are gone as are the two pieces of cheese toast made under the broiler. Pizza for dinner. Mini Rolos for snacks. If I don't puke tonight, I never will. Okay, that's a little gross.

My Caveman cookies arrived today. I didn't even open the box. I marked it and tossed the box in the freezer. I shredded my goat gouda and put that in bags in the freezer. The asiago is in the freezer. Last task was to take a look a meals planned for the remainder of the week and adjust a few things.

(I xx'd out other people's names since I don't have their permission to use them. It's a wonderful supportive group on FB.)

  • Donna Gettings Apperson
    Taking a day off. Had a very good doctor's visit this morning. He took me off my blood pressure meds. Now I am down to one diabetes med, a thyroid med, and cholesterol. None of those will be discontinued that I can see. I was taking 7 medications before May, my Whole30 month. I have, though, gained 2 pounds in the past 3 months. We both agreed that I now know how to maintain, but that I have 40 pounds to go and to get serious about Whole30 again. I drove around a while and thought it over, and there's no denying it. I have to do a Whole30 without fail. I did it once, I can do it again. I'm not ready to maintain yet! Nice to know I can, though. So, today, I'm taking a day off of everything. I bought a couple diet Dr Peppers and I'm going to love the hell out of them. I had breakfast at Starbucks. And we're having pizza for dinner. Take that, obsessive food person that I am! Where I was working on a Whole Thanksgiving, I'm now renaming it what it is, a Whole30, beginning October 24, 2013. It will be ending just before Thanksgiving. He also told me to stop the cheese and yogurt for the next 30 days, so I'll shred the cheese I have and freeze it. 

    I know this is long, but I wanted to share with the few people in my life who get it. I took nothing negative from the doctor visit and only see positive things in the days to come.
    Like ·  · Unfollow Post · 12 hours ago near Williamsburg
    xxxxx and 11 others like this.

    xxxxx You have a very healthy attitude and outlook. Thanks so much for posting and sharing. Reading others' experiences and thought processes is encouraging to many of us!
    Good for you for continuing on to work toward your goal. And congrats on being able to enjoy your day off. These things are a big deal to people like us!
    12 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2

    xxxxx Awesome outlook and update. Good for you
    12 hours ago · Like · 1

    xxxxx Great job Donna Gettings Apperson !!! I"m always telling my friends of many of the peoples success's on here!!! I'm like this person is getting off this med, or lowered their blood pressure etc etc...I mean I didn't have any of those issues but it's an inspiration to see so many making themselves healthier!!! Keep up the good work!!
    12 hours ago · Like

    Donna Gettings Apperson I've been taking BP meds for a long, long time. I cut them in half in August and now it's gone. That's healthy eating, losing 85 pounds, and exercising regularly. I'm 58 and they like to keep you on cholesterol meds. I'm okay with that. No adverse effects for me. I even caved and got a flu shot. Again, no adverse effects for me thus far. I'm out and about enough that I'll be exposed to every damned thing after I start going back to the pool in November. I had planned meals through Friday. I just went through and tweaked them to bring them to W30 compliance. I wonder if Lisa will be fussing at me through this W30 too  Love her!
    12 hours ago · Like · 2

    xxxxx Yes. . Because I am joining you when I get back! ! Love that you are getting off all those meds!!! We CAN do this! !
    11 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 2

    xxxxxr Inspiring! Going Whole 30 until Thanksgiving also!
    11 hours ago via mobile · Like

    xxxxx You are doing wonderful. Having fun in life, as I am doing on my vacation, feels good. Eating whatever, knowing when I get home, I know how to eat healthy again. So I am enjoying my pretzels, cake, Mexican food, and risotto.
    10 hours ago via mobile · Like

    xxxxx Wow Donna Gettings Apperson! No bp meds - that is just awesome. My husband is on them, and he has lost 5kg (11 ponds) so far just by cutting out grains. His dad died at 54 from a heart attack, and it would be nice to have him around longer than that. I think your second Whole 30 will rock!!!!xxx
    7 hours ago · Like · 1
    xxxxx Awesome!!! You can do it! I'm working on ditching 28 before my Bday! We can do it!!!
    5 hours ago · Like

No comments:

Post a Comment