Saturday, September 7, 2013

Whole30, Day 1, begin again

Let's survey the damage last night -

Cinnamon Entennman's mini-doughnuts
2 packs of Twinkies
2 Milky Way Caramel
1 bag of sour cherry candies
1/2 Diet Dr Pepper (DDP)

All in one evening. All planned and all purchased. My only regret is that I bought two of everything. That was uncalled for.All of it was uncalled for in a way, but I learned one hell of a lesson, a profound revelation as it were. I played cards Thursday night. I took compliant snacks. I took compliant beverages. I got to my friend's house and saw I had a DDP in the frig from the last time I was there, so I grabbed it and put my sparkling water in its place. I then asked if she had chocolate. She did. WTF? Less than 24 hours later, I bought and ate the above. I had a lovely compliant breakfast and then threw the rest of the day away, including not going to exercise class. I will recover today. I will exercise today. I will start my W30 today...again.

And what better way to start the day than with left over broccoli mixed with 2 eggs and cooked in the pan the bacon had been cooked on? The tomatoes are some of the last picking from the garden. The bacon is from the farmers market. I'm not as big a fan of it as my husband. I doubt I'll have it again. I've tried it a few times and it's not my thing. He loves it, though, so I'll just cut the packages in half when I buy it from now on. It does make nice, clean bacon grease, though, so it's definitely not a waste for me! If not for the bacon, this would have been a 5 thumbs up meal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment