Monday, September 16, 2013

Not so manic Monday, maybe a Whole day.

This is what I posted on Facebook:

Today's breakfast brought to you by the Lee sisters, Ugg and Home. They did their best to make a lovely delicious breakfast, but as you can see, it's pretty dreadful looking. I appreciate their effort, though! The leftover cauliflower mash with an organic hot dog and chives was pretty good, but there must not have been enough eggs because the patties they promised didn't form. Lots of protein, though! I'll probably make my own breakfast from now on. Thanks anyway, Ugg and Home!

I figured there was no reason to rewrite it :)
Not my best effort, but at least it tasted good, sorta.  

This fabulous lunch made up for the not so fabulous breakfast. I was cooking a steak with mushrooms and green peppers and had a wild idea. When the steak was done, I took it out of the pan and added a bit (about 4 tbsp) of coconut milk and let it bubble up and get the flavors mingled. I poured the veggies and sauce on the steak and was in lunch heaven. I'm defrosting chicken for dinner and the plan is to use more coconut milk along with chicken-type veggies - carrots, celery, onions, and maybe some coconut flakes. Whee! Who's a good cook?? 
I didn't feel like cooking, so I made breakfast for my husband and a modified breakfast for me. That's zucchini with the eggs and regular bacon on the side. Pretty good if I do say so myself. 

Reflections: Renewed efforts again today and it has paid off. No flubs at all. I told Richard, "All I feel like doing is eating." It's so odd how this happens. I'm in a good space and yet, I could be my own saboteur. Wonder why people, not just me, do that? I had great food today and got some sewing done, as well as working. I made plantain crackers tonight and didn't eat them all. I want them around for egg salad tomorrow and will try out the plantain hamburger buns one of these days. People use the plantain alone, frying it up, and putting meat between the slices. Could be good for any kind of sandwich. I'm not a fan of lettuce cups. Theoretically, I could have PBJ with cashew butter and a 100% organic fruit spread. Hmm. These wouldn't work for Whole30, but they're paleo as hell. Onward! 


No comments:

Post a Comment