Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Mark's Daily Apple 21-day Challenge - Day 5

I've been up and down with this challenge. Every day, I strive for balance and rightness, and lately, my resolve has not been what I'd like it to be. I have had several moments of "just one" and those simply do not work for me. I'm strapping on my big girl pants today and looking forward to exercise at the pool.
The amazing muffins from yesterday didn't warm up so well today. I didn't eat all of them, and Abbey shared the pancetta with me. Can't win em all! 

Plantain chips! That's tuna salad with too much mayo. Ooops. I also had a half apple and Greek yogurt. Lunch was great.  

Pretty good dinner. Cabbage, onions, and garlic, with mushrooms sauteed in bacon grease. Then I added leftover sausage/beef meatloaf from last night and a can of tomato sauce. The sauce did the trick. I added a touch of parm and called it dinner. I did let it simmer longer after dinner as the cabbage wasn't exactly the right texture, but everything tasted good together. 


Reflections: No real reflections the past few days. I'm working very hard to stay on track. There has been so much junk food in the house for about a week and I've indulged here and there. Today, not so much. It is unacceptable in my opinion for foods to be eaten willy nilly. I am fine with a little splurge here and there, but I'm in dire danger of my own shortcomings when there are things here that can be grabbed and inhaled before they're even tasted or enjoyed. So, that's what I'm not doing. I have another good day under my belt and plan on an early bedtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment