Sunday, September 15, 2013

Easiest Smoothie Ever - Whole30 or Paleo (Recipe)

Ever wanted something just a touch sweet and as compliant as can be? Well, I want something from time to time and today was one of those days.

I freeze fruit. When it's just a little too ripe to eat, but not throw-away-worthy, I'll toss it in the blender or Magic Bullet and freeze the resultant puree in ice cube trays. When they're frozen, into a container they go for their frozen life. Sometimes, I'll take out a frozen cube and put it in my ice water to jazz it up. I drink a lot of water, so a cube here and there makes for some variety. So far, I've frozen cherries and raspberries. I want to try grapes too.

Here are a few cherry and raspberry cubes in the Magic Bullet. 
I added less than a cup of lite coconut milk. I had bought it unintentionally. I usually get the regular Thai Kitchen. Not sure why I even bought this. 

I whirled it in the Magic Bullet until it started fluffing up and all the fruit was incorporated into the milk. You can also use a blender if you don't have an MB. It made a little more than a cup of frosty goodness for my glass. The taste was fresh and delicious. I have fruit a couple times a day, so here's one of my servings!

This is one of those things you can make without any rules. Use regular coconut milk or use almond milk if you drink that. Use fresh or frozen fruit. I prefer the temperature and texture of the frozen fruit. Freeze your own fruit or buy frozen organic fruits. Add something green if you like that kind of thing. I know a lot of people who throw kale in every smoothie! Enjoy. It's all about the delicious sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment