Saturday, August 31, 2013

Zucchini rules in the paleo breakfast

FBS 168, weight down 0.6 pounds.

I wanted zucchini, but I wanted something different. While the pancetta cooked, I zoodled a small zucchini, spritzed with olive oil, and added paprika, onion salt, garlic salt, and pepper in small amounts. I baked this slowly at 250° for about 20 minutes, tossed it and put it back in the toaster oven for 20 minutes more. It was done, but not crisp, so I decided to use it in the eggs rather than beside them. 
And so, that's what I did! I added 2 eggs to the zucchini in a pan and it was amazing. I added no additional seasoning and I didn't need to. The zoodles were flavor enough. I didn't picture the pancetta, but you know it's there! I've said it before, but is there anything zucchini can't do? The answer is most probably "no." It rules. I have a meeting with the reunion committee today around 11, so I need to be careful not to eat crap while I'm there. I'm taking grapes and strawberries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment