Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Yay for 90%

FBS 169, Weight steady

What a great breakfast. Sauteed patty pan squash, cooked with the bacon (bacon shared with the dog!), along with some fresh Romas in the pan when it was just about time to add the eggs. I had taken the bacon out and scooped out the extra grease before adding the tomato and eggs. The avocado was the icing on the breakfast cake. 

Reflections: I was thinking about what it would take to be 90% paleo. Doing the math, it would take 6.3 days a week to remain 90%. I do that. My goal is 100%, but I rarely make it. I like my chocolate and it keeps me on track, if that makes any sense at all. I need to decide if I want to shoot for 100% or not. There are a lot of folks who advocate 80/20, but I think that's off the rails too much for me. I still have some weight to lose and feel good when I'm closer to 100%. I guess everyone's journey is different; I know mine is! More to come on this thought process. 

It was time to finish up not only the goat cheese, but the fire roasted red peppers. I put some cheese on the peppers, then added some of last night's chicken. I popped the pan into the toaster oven for 10 minutes, just long enough to get things warm; I didn't want to re-cook the chicken, but I also didn't want it cold. All these tastes together just plain worked. Glad that goat cheese is gone though!

Good dinner, but kind of boring. This is the fresh sausage from the farmers market. The broccoli is broccoli. Go figure. Funny story. While I was dishing up the broccoli, the spoon slipped and I ended up flinging a serving spoon full of broccoli across the room. Ooops. I hadn't intended to mop the floor before dinner, but that's just what I did. Thank the stars for a Swiffer Wet Jet! Note: I did not eat the floor broccoli :) Anyway, the food was good, but it was only good. I have pineapple planned for later. 

Reflections: I can't seem to stop grabbing fiber bars. I need to simply never eat one again, make it so that they are not even an option. I know better. Exercise class was fine today. I so look forward to going on my scheduled days. Tomorrow, I'll be walking around Busch Gardens with Allison and will get a walking workout for sure. I'm ready! There most likely will not be any eating at Busch Gardens. I doubt I'd find anything acceptable other than ribs, and they slather them with sauce. We'll see. 

P.S. Hi Joye!!



No comments:

Post a Comment