Thursday, August 8, 2013

Whole30-2, Day 8

Weight down 1/2 pound. Blood sugar meter out of commission for a few days.

It's day 8. From the timeline:

Days 4-5: Kill ALL the things!

My kill all things was yesterday, day 7. 

Days 6-7: I just want a nap…

I want a nap every day! I get up too early and go to bed too late. Can't change this one just yet. 

Days 8-15: Boundless energy! Now give me a damn Twinkie.

I wanted the damned Twinkie yesterday! My energy was not boundless yesterday, so maybe that will kick in today. This is my second Whole30, so we'll see how it goes. For now, I give to you......BREAKFAST!
After a truly grumpy day yesterday, mostly in the evening, I woke up determined not to let the blech continue. Toward that end, I wanted something different for breakfast. I took a couple pieces of my pancetta and cut it into small piece and tossed that into a pan with haricot vert. When the pancetta was done, so were the beans. Fried eggs seemed to be the perfect accompaniment and of course, avocado goes so well with eggs. Breakfast made! The beans were great and the change in preparation method for the pancetta was a good idea. I'd do this again. I love pepper on eggs, so they were tasty too. Who's a good cook? ME! 
A true summer lunch. I cooked the pineapple in a pan with the compliant hot dog. I had stopped for cantaloupe on the way home from the pool, and I just had to have some. English cucumber with a touch of sea salt rounded it off. 

I must have had some kind of workout today. I was soooo hungry this afternoon (or maybe lack of protein/fat for lunch?). I had a banana and some pistachios. It seems to have hit the spot. I'm always hungry on exercise days, but it still takes me by surprise!

I'm going to a friend's house tonight to play cards. I'll be bringing dinner - chicken and broccoli. Yumtastic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment