Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Whole30-2, Day 6

FBS 151, Weight down 1.1
I decided to forego the eggs and had chicken instead. I cut a half breast filet into smaller pieces, shredded a zucchini, and got the leftover artichokes. I cooked it all in ghee. I added paprika, garlic powder, onion salt, and pepper. It was good, but not great. I need to find artichokes that are packed in water. I think these had a touch of vinegar or something going on with them. It was sort of overpowering. Overall, the taste was off ever so slightly, but it was a nice change. It was too much to finish, so Abbey got the chicken and I set the vegetables aside to add to the leftover beef dish that I'm having for lunch. Can't have too many vegetables! I will try something like this again soon, but without whatever acidy taste this had. 3-1/2 thumbs up. Wish it was more! 
Let there be leftovers! Last night's beef dish with green beans, onions, and mushrooms; turnips; and this morning's leftover zucchini and artichokes. I finished it off with the last of my fruit salad. I think I'm fuller than I'm supposed to be, but it's definitely all within the compliant limits! 
Tilapia, coated with crushed sweet potato chips and Old Bay, pan fried in ghee and olive oil. OMG! It was excellent. I cooked up some cauliflower and mashed it, adding ghee and S&P at the end. I saved half of it to make egg/cauliflower patties in the morning. The avocado finished it all with a nice taste complement for the fish. I put a bit of avocado and a bit of fish on the fork for each bite. The fish was mild, flaky, not overdone, and probably the best I've made so far. 

Reflections: I've had a nice day. I had a few text conversations with Ronnie. He's having a "kill all things" day. I remember that! I ran into an old friend at Walmart and we talked Whole30 and sewing. Go figure. I had two 5-thumbs-up meals today. That's pretty impressive. I wanted chocolate earlier, but the urge passed. Damned chocolate! You need to wait till August 31! I found some Twizzler-like things that are made from fruit and not sugar, and they're not too bad. I had some fresh pineapple for my evening snack and I feel very satiated. You can't ask for much more than that. Onward to day 7. 




No comments:

Post a Comment