Saturday, August 3, 2013

Whole30-2, Day 3

FBS 177 (down!), weight back to pre-birthday level.
Ah fried eggs. Is there anything you can't do? They were really good with pancetta, zucchini, and avocado. Breakfast is fast becoming my favorite meal. 

Lunch is another story altogether. I felt like I was eating at a fancy restaurant. I found compliant prosciutto at Walmart of all places. (See below.) I wrapped half pieces around asparagus and baked for 10 minutes at 350°. I did take off the big piece of fat that was along the edge of each piece. My dog loved it! The cantaloupe was the best I've had this year. Having now tasted prosciutto, I believe it would be good with pineapple, wrapped and baked. I'll try it at another time for sure. 

Walmart! Can you believe it? 
My mother used to make a dish of shredded cabbage, onions, bacon grease, and other delicious stuff that was served with noodles that had been cooked with the cabbage mix after they were boiled. She'd simmer that stuff and I could eat it for a week. The noodles are out for me, so I adapted a dish I stole from a Facebook Whole30 friend. This is fresh sausage crumbled and sauteed with cabbage and onion, along with some compliant peppery steak seasoning. I added too much sea salt, but that was my fault; I think I did it twice by accident. It was nice a spicy and tripped me back to my mother's cooking, even without the noodles. I had unsweetened applesauce as a side. I'd give this a 5.5 if I didn't use too much salt. 
Reflections: I'm going to the movies tonight. I have already washed a bunch of cherries and will put those and a bottle of Perrier in my tote bag and hope they don't toss me out. If I get "caught," I'll tell them I have diabetes and can't eat their snacks and that the Americans with Disabilities Act covers my bringing in cherries. 

Other than that, it's been a good day. I got word that son and his partner are starting W30 in a day or so. They're prepping as we speak. I'm a proud mom!






No comments:

Post a Comment