Monday, August 19, 2013

Rainy day in Virginia, calling all comfort food!

FBS 158, weight down 1+
Looks a lot better than it was. I sauteed some zucchini with the pancetta. I do that a lot. It's usually great. I put two small Campari tomatoes with two eggs in the Magic Bullet and let it rip. Something in there was sweet and it wasn't all that great. I had added about a tablespoon of shredded cheese and I think it took away from the taste of the eggs. Lesson learned. I'll avoid cheese with eggs. I am not sure I even like it anymore! Go figure. The pancetta was perfect. How can it not be? The eggs and the sweet/cheese taste take this to a 3 thumbs up. 

First, the good news. Coconut milk whipped into a cream. It was to go with amazing pumpkin/banana paleo muffins. 

Now the bad news. These sucked really badly. I used about 1/4 cup of coconut flour, 2 eggs, a banana, about 1/3 cup of pumpkin, some spices and cocoa, a tablespoon (at most) of honey, and mixed it all up. They were, as Charles Barkley would say, turrble. I will not make them again. I'll follow a recipe closely the next time I try something like this. The upside is that the silicone muffin molds worked great. The awful muffins slipped right out of them.

Even the coconut cream couldn't save this lunch. It gets one caveman thumb's up. 

Dinner, on the other hand, was almost like a gourmet outing. I used a recipe from my Pinterest page for the tilapia, fried some onions and left over parsnips, and wrapped asparagus with prosciutto. I sort of overcooked the asparagus, but they were still good, albeit crunchy! 
I finished off dinner with a fried banana. This is also a recipe inspired by my Pinterest collection. I used ghee, a teaspoon of honey, and cinnamon, "fried" the slices until they started to brown, and boom. Deliciousness. Bananas triple in flavor when you warm them up! I kinda wish I'd had that coconut cream from lunch for dinner.  

Reflections: I want to try some new things food wise. I have seen a "tortilla" made with cauliflower that looks doable. The fish tonight was a start. I usually flavor things the same way every time. I would never have thought of blending ginger, dry mustard, chili powder, garlic, and cayenne! Now I know it works. One more pound and I'm down 85!


No comments:

Post a Comment