Thursday, August 29, 2013

Kickin it into serious gear for a week, Whole7, Day 1

FBS 174

Taking a week to get to center after a day at the theme park!
I think I could eat pancetta until I got so full I had to let it go, if you know what I mean. It is so derned tasty! This morning, I cooked up a patty pan squash while the pancetta cooked and added a couple of eggs when everything was about done. Much better than the red velvet truffles I ate yesterday. Okay, that's a lie; they were so worth it. But, I do love breakfast! 
No picture of my banana for lunch. I had it mid-day. But I do have my pineapple and Genoa salami salad for you:
I'll double up on veggies with dinner.  

Broccoli that was leftover was blended with freshly cooked baby turnips. There was already ghee in the broccoli, so all I added was salt, pepper, and a tablespoon or so of coconut milk. I tried something new with the fish. I seasoned it with coconut aminos, lemon zest, garlic salt, and pepper. I wrapped it in foil and cooked it on a high heat until done. It was okay, but it probably would have been better broiled. The taste was there, though.  Live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment