Friday, August 23, 2013

Existentialistic vegetables

I sat outside watching the clouds roll by for a while before breakfast. The sky is a perfect light blue and the clouds are wispy, puffy, and snow white. It reminds me of how insignificant we are in the universe even though we are centrally important to ourselves and those around us. We're stewards of the planet and doing a meh job. Interesting how those things sort of flitter around in the gray matter from time to time. While I was being an existentialist, my veggies were inside cooking with the pancetta. How's that for re-grounding a person?
This was a new pack of pancetta and it didn't cook as well as the past packages. The part that was cooked through was delicious. Abbey got to enjoy the parts that were a little uncooked. There were zucchini and mushrooms in the pan with the pancetta, and then spinach in the eggs with a healthy dose of pepper. Pancetta is salty enough, so I didn't add any extra. If the pancetta had been cooked right, this would have been a 5 thumbs up. (P.S. I was the big winner at card playing night yesterday. Go me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment