Monday, July 15, 2013

Whole30 II, Day 6

FBS 149, weight down 1.2 pounds
Here's how breakfast begins. A couple pieces of pancetta (sugar free from Whole Foods), mushrooms, and chopped onions. I cooked this on low heat to take advantage of the rendering of fat to cook the vegetables. When this was close to finished, I added enough kale to fill the big cup of the Magic Bullet and two eggs, then whirled them until the kale was completely chopped. I drained the cooked pancetta, then pushed the veggies to the center of the pan, pouring the egg mix on top of that.

Yes, it's green, but oh how delicious. I would sort of call this a fritatta. I cubed a half avocado to go with the egg dish, and wowsers, restaurant food that is Whole30 compliant. I have to call this yumtastic. 4.5 paleo thumbs up for sure. 

Coconut aminos, where have you been all my life? Today, coconut aminos were in my chicken dish - chicken tenders, ghee, thin string beans, and some carrots. Seasoning salt added a nice zing, but the aminos were the star. I browned the chicken on both sides and then simmered the whole thing for a short while until the chicken was cooked through. 4-1/2 out of 5 thumbs up!
Ooops, no picture for dinner, but a good dinner it was. Leftover carrots, a ribeye, mushrooms, onions, and blackberries with coconut fluff (my new addiction). 

Reflections: A good day. I am feeling less icky and my breath is getting better. Oy, that first few days, the breath smells like garbage! Onward!



No comments:

Post a Comment