Sunday, July 14, 2013

Whole30 II, Day 5

FBS 160, weight down 1/2-pound

I discovered something beautiful this morning. I made a fritatta that sort of fell apart with the last of the leftover broccoli and cauliflower and two eggs. I have an avocado that needs to be used, so I cut half into cubes. I intended to have it as a side and just do the best I could eating it. I'm learning to like them, but am not a fan of them alone. As I was eating the egg dish, I put a chunk of avocado on the fork along with the egg bite. It was great! It was like a taste duo meant for one another. I have had avocado with eggs before on a sandwich back before W30/paleo, and remember that I liked it, but there was also a lot of cheese involved. This was a more pure taste. And I will definitely do this again.

Wow, the day got away from me in terms of picture taking!

Lunch: Dried fruit (I found some nice dehydrated fruit that is low in calories, all natural, and contains nothing but the fruit), pineapple, and some turkey. Very blah, but it did the trick.

Dinner: Grass fed hamburger pattie; sauteed mushrooms, onions, and yellow squash; avocado left over from breakfast; and cucumber slices. Allison stopped by, so I split my dinner with her and reminded her it was a nice paleo dinner. She was so grateful to have home cooked food! My snack plan is coconut milk with blackberries a la last night. 

Reflections: I'm into this W30 very nicely. I find myself not wanting to cook that much during the day, so cold plate foods are good to have around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment