Thursday, July 11, 2013

Whole30 II, Day 3

FBS 133. Thank you, Whole30! Weight is down another 2 as well.

There is one pancetta that has no sugar -

I can only find it at Whole Foods, and the Whole Foods in Greensboro, where I stopped a couple days ago didn't have it. So my daughter brought me some from Richmond yesterday. Two slices of this are better than 100 slices of bacon. I can't afford it all the time, but during a Whole30, it's the way to go.
I started with 2 pieces of the pancetta and some clover sprouts. 
I whirled eggs and kale in the Magic Bullet and cooked them in the pan after the pancetta was done. I poured the egg mix on the sprouts to incorporate them into the scramble. I know it looks weird, but it sure tastes good. I'm so glad I tried kale that first time!
Lunch was a nice bowl of yesterday's chicken dish. I have enough for two more meals at least. The addition of paprika makes it somewhat Hungarian tasting, and that is a very good thing!
Dinner was simple. Broccoli and cauliflower blend with ghee along with an organic chicken bratwurst. It wasn't all that flavorful, but the mustard perked it up some. I don't mind because it was better than a lot of the compliant chicken sausages I've tried thus far.  I had a few Rainier cherries to go with it all, and they were perfect with the sausage. I will definitely pick up some sauerkraut for the next time I make the bratwurst. 




No comments:

Post a Comment