Thursday, July 18, 2013

Taking a short day off - back to W30 tomorrow

FBS 147, weight down 0.5 pounds.

I had my 3-month followup with Dr. H today. All is extremely well! Blood work is pretty much within normal limits. My hemoglobin A1c is down by 2 points (still a way to go, but huge improvement!). My cholesterol and lipids profile are within normal limits. Dr. H and I talked at length about W30/paleo and that my plan is to keep going on a semi-relaxed W30 way of eating. I told him I have upped my exercise to 4 days a week and he said to keep it there to allow for muscle rest. He also suggested that the residual 'pain' surrounding my knee replacements (bearable and sometimes forgettable) will probably improve. We talked about the eventuality of getting off the last of my three diabetes medications.

I am very pleased. I've worked hard and it looks like I've found what works for me. I never thought I would be able to stick to something as seemingly strict as W30, but the reality is that I feel better from head to toe. I see it as infinite possibilities within given limits. Anyway, behold:



Back tomorrow. Have a great W30/paleo day!

No comments:

Post a Comment