Sunday, July 21, 2013

Ooops, skipped a day! 7/20 AND 7/21

7/20 - My twins turned 29. The day started off perfectly. Behold.

I sauteed some zucchini and onion in bacon grease 
Then added eggs with about a teaspoon of asiago. I had made bacon for my husband, so had a couple slices of that. 
And then there was cake. End of story for the end of the 20th. 

7/21 FBS 182, weight up 1.2

Whew, back to real life. Broccoli, cauliflower, and chopped ham warmed up and then topped with two whirled eggs. Amazing to be back on track and eating good food. 

Somehow lunch escaped me. Maybe because breakfast was at 10:30ish. I was, therefore, famished when I came home from the gym after an hour of swimming, walking, and kickboard work. I'm definitely tougher on myself than my instructor is during the week. I had a good playlist going on, though, so I hardly noticed the time passing.
This is a free range chicken breast filet which I sauteed with mushrooms, onions, and the tiny carrots I picked from my deck garden today. 
Aren't they cute?  
As expected, the broccoli and cauliflower I cooked yesterday is lasting me through several meals. I have enough for one more left in the container. 

Reflections: I skipped a meal today and I felt it by dinner time. I won't do that again. I took my blood sugar to make sure all was well, and it was. I don't think my body likes going a long stretch without sustenance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment