Thursday, July 25, 2013

Late post!

It's been a birthday to remember. I'm now the proud owner of a Zumba set and a $100 Whole Foods gift card. Both are necessary based on what I ate today. Oh no! Yes, I went nuts today and I'm okay with that. Fortunately, I stocked up on veggies and stuff yesterday, so I am ready to jump back into real life.

See that? Real life? That's the truth. My daughter and I were talking and I told her I was not on a diet, that this is the way that I live now. And there you have it. My lifetime declaration. 

I'm 58 now. It's official. I'm 2 years closer to 60 than I was. Not bad. I thought 60 meant decrepit and I was wrong. I totally swear that life after 50 has been, at the least, as amazing or more amazing than life before 50, not including having children. I only hope for the rest of the world that their time after 50 is as active and fruitful as it has been for me. I have no plans on slowing down and that's that.

So, happy birthday to me! Back to the real world tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment