Monday, June 3, 2013

Egg Muffins with Sausage - Paleo recipe

What does one do with leftovers and just 2 eggs? Well, you make egg muffins. I've seen recipes for these on several sites; I adapted these to the ingredients I had on hand.
I started a muffin tin, which I oiled with coconut oil. Then came a layer of last night's Applegate Whole30 compliant sausage. I crumbled it in the Magic Bullet, but you could do it by hand. One sausage was enough for four muffin tins.  
Next, I put a layer of leftover broccoli and cauliflower. I'd say it was about 2 tablespoons or so per muffin.  
I whirled the eggs in the Magic Bullet. Since I had only two, I wanted to fluff them up with a little air. I added sea salt and pepper to the eggs.  
Last, I added some shredded cheddar. Please note the cheese is not Whole30 compliant. Honestly, after I ate these, I decided to not use cheese again. I'm reintroducing dairy this week, so I wanted to try it.  
I baked these in the toaster oven at about 400° for 15-20 minutes. They set up just perfectly. 
And here's my breakfast - egg muffins with more taste than I could have imagined. The sausage, broccoli and cauliflower went so well with the eggs. The eggs seeped into the ingredients and held it all together.  
They made me happy, happy, happy!

2 comments:

  1. I made the same exact thing just yesterday when my in-laws were visiting. The great thing is that you can really stuff them with the veggies and feel so full and yet energetic after eating them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made them again today. I think I'll be eating them a lot. So simple and definitely hits the taste buds just right.

    ReplyDelete