Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 6 of Legume re-intro

No FBS! No weight loss either, all week. How's that legume reintroduction going?
There was a small leftover steak from last night, so I pan fried that with a can of carrots and some ghee. I know that canned food is not the best choice, but damn, those carrots are so good. 

I am having lunch out today with friends. I'm going to review the menu before I go and have decided not to have a roll; that's a huge decision because the rolls at this restaurant are great. I'm not going to look at it as missing something; I'm going to look at it as something I'm doing for myself, a gift I'm giving to me. 
Lunch was completely off the rails, well not completely, but a lot. I had the pot roast, which is cooked with carrots and onions with a side of asparagus. I also had 2 rolls with butter. Okay, that was a snap decision, but  it was worth it. Afterward, there was a Nutty Buddy. That wasn't in the plans either. I may have gone off plan, but I've got a whole life ahead and will continue to keep it ON the rails.
That that, indiscretions! 

No photo, but posted my dinner on Post 30 Paleo on Facebook:

Baked sweet potato slightly cooled, a handful of unsweetened coconut, about 1/2 cup of applesauce, a few leftover strawberries chopped up, about 2 tbsp of coconut crystals, about 2 tbsp of sweet potato flour, and 2 whisked eggs - put this all together and it made a thick batter. I baked it in the GT XPress, but it could be pan fried in ghee/clarified butter, or in muffin tins. I wanted a quick dinner. It took about 10 minutes to prepare and in the GT Xpress, it took about 10 minutes to bake. If I did it in muffin tins, I'd probably do 20ish minutes at about 350°. It was a good "one pot" complete meal except I didn't have any fats in it. I probably would not use the applesauce next time. It was an experiment for sure. I had half for dinner and am saving the other half for another time. If you've never tried coconut crystals, it tastes a bit like brown sugar, but it's 100% coconut sap. Anyway, there's my experiment for tonight. I did poorly at lunch today, so needed to be right on target for dinner. I also added about a teaspoon or so of pumpkin pie spice. 

Overall, an okay day, even with lunch's rolls eaten. I didn't derail the process, just took a detour at lunch. That's over and I'm back. Interestingly, I've been sneezing most of the afternoon. Could it be the rolls?


No comments:

Post a Comment