Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day 3, WholeDonna, Could dairy be an issue?

Day 3 post Whole30

FBS 163, weight up 3 pounds. Two days after reintroducing dairy. Interesting. We'll see how the rest of the week goes, then get off dairy for a week and re-assess. Could bloat really be an issue after a minor amount of dairy? Or is it the cake/sugar catching up from 5/31? Here's the breakdown of yesterday's beyond Whole30 items.

<1/8 cup of shredded cheese
~1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheeese
~1 tsp raw local honey

I guess it's possible?

This morning, I warmed up the leftover mashed turnips. They sort of look like riced, huh? I then made a couple of scrambled eggs with <1/8 cup of shredded cheese again. I'm so glad I have rediscovered turnips.

The raw honey spoke to me. I had another taste. Yum. But I digress.

Delightful salad for lunch - half apple, Genoa salami, ham, shredded lettuce, balsamic, and some homemade mayo. We need better salami. I don't eat it often, but this is not my fave. It's Boar's Head, which should be good, but it's kind of blah. The Danish ham is almost gone, thankfully. I'm not sure I like it as much as I used to.

Dinner was simple. I had an Applegate sausage with broccoli and cauliflower blend. I had about 1/8-1/4 cup of vanilla ice cream. Later, I had a small bowl of peaches and so, that's it for the day. I ground the remaining sausage to use with a layered egg dish in the morning.

Reflections: I want to maintain the outline and discipline I had with Whole30. I feel good. I look better. Why wouldn't I? My fasting blood sugar was a little high today, but every other sugar has been okay. I shall keep my nose to the grind and keep planning, assessing, and taking it day by day with a huge paleo focus.


1 comment:

  1. Dairy makes me gain. I can live without ice cream, but love a bite of sharp cheddar.

    ReplyDelete