Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 3 of Whole7 post reintroduction of legumes

FBS 131. It tells the tale! 3 days off beans and I'm out of the 200s, just like that.
This is a chicken sausage. I ended up cutting it through the middle and letting the split sausage brown. Much more appetizing. Not a fan of beige food. The zucchini was seasoned with onion salt and pepper. Both were pan fried in bacon grease. The zucchini also browned a bit. Regardless, it was delicious.  
I've been looking for a compliant horseradish and haven't found anything. Last night, I was shopping at the discount grocery store and found this. No sugar and no ingredients I can't pronounce. How about that? The store brand. I didn't see a national brand of the same ilk. It was more horseradishy than brown mustard, but not as much as the little blob of horseradish you get when you order prime rib in a restaurant. I'll keep looking. In the meantime, this was good with the sausage. 
Oh my goodness was this ever good! I cooked shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, and chopped onions in some bacon grease (could have used ghee or olive oil) and let that simmer for about a half hour. Then I turned up the heat and tossed in the 2 filets. A lot of this one when I cut it was fatty, so I cooked 2 and trimmed out the gross parts (my dog will be so happy!). I used Montreal seasoning and damn...pepper is good food. I cooked the steaks medium rare (they're not done in the picture) and they were delicious. I will make the cabbage concoction again. I probably would add garlic next time rather than garlic salt or garlic powder. Praise the flying spaghetti monster that I like vegetables.

Oh, canned carrots, is there anything you can't do? I'm totally aware the canned foods are not the best choice, but something about canned carrots - I just love em. They make a perfect side instead of potatoes and with the pork loin and unsweetened applesauce, it was a wonderful dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment