Friday, June 7, 2013

Back to Whole30 for a week, Day 1

FBS 188

Definite indiscretions with eating last night. No guilt. Move on.
A very nice breakfast today. Leftover ham cubes, asparagus, eggs, and a side of cantaloupe. The ham is not 100% compliant, but it is now gone. It was great with the cantaloupe.

2 hr PP BS 155

For lunch, I started making turkey wraps. Didn't work. So....
I made a salad! Romaine, tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, and turkey. I had just a touch of the Bolthouse Gates dressing. I finished lunch with a cherry Lara Bar. Something wonderful about those tart cherries. I may have to find some fresh off the tree. 
Tried something different for dinner. I baked a chicken breast with some compliant seasonings and a spritz of olive oil, and in the same pan, I put cut up cauliflower. After it was about halfway done, I had a brain fart - add fire roasted red peppers! So I did. I mashed the vegetables with some clarified butter using my hand blender. I only ate about half of it. I saved the other half to mix with eggs and make patties in the morning. The peppers added major flavor and it was just really good. 

I have some celery cleaned for a potential snack later should I so choose. I'll try the cashew butter (just a smidge) and see if I like it. 

Reflections: It's easier to stick to Whole30 than to stick with it "off road." I look forward to putting the food puzzle pieces together and doing what I need to do rather than what my shoulder devil wants me to do. I think, at times, I've changed habits and the way I perceive food, but then when I had my week off and reintroducing dairy, I felt the old me sneaking back in. I'll have to address this as I move forward. It was not willpower that kept me true to Whole30; it was health and well being. I don't believe in willpower, but I do believe in the power of choice and my goal is to continue to make appropriate choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment