Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 24 - Egged out!

FBS 184, 2 hours PP 147

I do believe I'm egged out for a few days. I was not impressed with my breakfast, but then, I didn't add salt, so maybe it was just bleh.
A bit of bacon, leftover meatloaf crumbled, and 3 eggs. I just couldn't finish it. Even with the side of avocado, it was just plain blah. 
Leftover carrots and green beans were mighty good. Half avocado was supposed to spark up the egg dish, but it didn't. My dog enjoyed about half of the eggs/meat blend and a touch of the avocado. 

Let's hope lunch is more exciting!
Lunch was much better. Steak and a veggie blend of zucchini, mushrooms, onions, and asparagus. At the last minute, I tossed in a small splash of balsamic. Yup, that was the trick. A good lunch was nice to have after a not-so-good breakfast. 

I was not hungry at all for dinner, so tried to think of something that would get me to eat. I have some compliant Apple-something sausages, so cooked one of those and cut it up. I made a salad with cucumbers, Romaine, apple, banana, strawberries, peaches, and a few dried cherries, added the sausage, and finished it with a splash of balsamic dressing and a touch of the juice from the peaches. It was delicious, but I still didn't feel like eating. I ate all the sausage to get my protein and put about half of the salad away. 

It's later in the evening now, and I'm having a bowl of cherries. I wonder why I'm not hungry today? 

Reflections: It has just been a delightful day all the way around. My daughter came by to have lunch and we stood in the kitchen and noshed on fresh strawberries and had some girl talk. Sometimes, you just have a good day. My lack of desire to eat has been puzzling, but I'll take it!


No comments:

Post a Comment