Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day 21 - I got this

Take a minute to review the progress photos.
A bit of bacon rendered, a tomato chopped, salt and pepper, and a couple of eggs. Who wouldn't like that for breakfast?

How about something different for lunch? Based on a recipe from Nom Nom Paleo.
About a cup of organic pumpkin, about 1/8-cup almond flour, 2 extra large eggs, a half apple shredded (it was hanging around waiting to be used), a healthy dose of cinnamon, and a splash of coconut milk. I cooked this in my GT Xpress and it's pretty good. I think I'd  add a touch of lemon juice and nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice. The texture is interesting. Sort of halfway between pie and cake, sort of muffinish. Pretty good if I do say so myself. 

So what to make for dinner? 
I had defrosted a boneless turkey breast, so I seasoned that and put it in the toaster oven. While that roasted, I chopped up a sweet potato and then pulverized some pineapple and put that in the pot with the sweet potato. I added a couple spoonfuls of the pineapple juice (had to add water closer to the end of cooking time) and some pumpkin pie spice. For Richard, I cooked fries in the oven and he made some corn. We sat down to a really good dinner. Who says turkey is for Thanksgiving only? The Fresh Market sells a mighty fine turkey breast. I cooked it in foil, so it stayed juicy. I left what we didn't eat in the oven to finish cooking and to be sliced for sandwiches tomorrow. (Mine will be in lettuce!)

Reflections: I find myself hungry in the afternoons moreso than the evenings. I had a bowl of cherries this afternoon. I also reached a goal of losing 65 pounds total. I have about 44 to go, but dang, what a hellova start!

No comments:

Post a Comment